I love recipes that are naturally GF/DF (see: Candied nuts). I also love easy recipes with a small number of ingredients (see: Sugared shortbread, which has just five). And I love peanuts as snacks. So of course I love this recipe.
Recipe: PB+3 Cookies
Makes about 30-36 cookies, depending on how big you scoop’em.
- 1 jar (16 oz) creamy peanut butter
(I use natural PB with no added sugar – just peanuts, oil and salt)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
(I use McCormick pure vanilla extract, which is gluten-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using mixer on low, cream together sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Add entire jar of peanut butter and continue mixing, scraping bowl, until just combined.
- Using cookie scoop or two teaspoons, drop heaping spoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet, well-spaced (I fit 9 cookies on a cookie sheet). Press each scoop of dough with fork to flatten slightly – but not too much.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until edges start to brown. Remove from oven and carefully lift parchment paper to transfer cookies to cooling rack. Line cookie sheet with fresh parchment paper to bake the next batch.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container. They also freeze well.
If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!